Amazon Kindle 3 - The Hacking and Enabling of SSH over 3G


NOTE - DISCLAIMER: This is ENTIRELY for educational purposes. Hacking the Kindle may void your warranty with Amazon. Using any services over Amazon 3G without prior permission could lead to termination of services. I can and will not be held accountable for any damages that may arise.

The Amazon Kindle has become the single widest used E-Book reader of all time. I bought one a few months back with the intention of reducing the volume of textbook I regularly transport to University. And I must say; it's PDF section has been fantastic.

Anyway, this is far from a review of the Kindle; I have no intention of repeating the masses all over the internet. Most of all, I aim to show how the Kindle 3 can be hacked and manipulated to do a host of things not 'recommended by the Amazon.'

First things first; what is the Kindle? (Asides the obvious)

Well, the Kindle is an embedded platform with an ARM CPU running Linux. The key thing there is Linux; and not the bare bones.. The Kindle has a variety of applications that would make you think 'Why is that there on an E-Book reader?' but I will be the last to complain.
TO BE COMPLETED

0 comments: